Cryptocurrency is virtual money that you store in a digital wallet online, on your computer, or on another piece of technology. Cryptocurrency is digitally stored in Crypto wallets in the same way that physical currency is stored in wallets or banks.
Cryptocurrency can’t be used without a wallet because there is lots of sending and receiving involved, so for anyone looking to start in crypto, a wallet is a necessity.
This guide will guide you through the steps of setting up a cryptocurrency wallet with the Trust Wallet App. Despite the fact there are other apps that one can use to create a crypto wallet, we will be using the Trust Wallet app for this tutorial.
Here’s how to get started:
- Trust Wallet application can be downloaded from Google Play Store
- New wallets can be created or existing wallets can be imported
- Ensure your wallet is backed up
- Take note of the 12 Words illustrated (recovery phrase) and write them down or copy it down.
- You will need to select the words just in the same order they appeared at the beginning of the previous tab, and then click DONE.
When you get your trust wallet app, you’ll be able to create a crypto wallet. Be sure to be safe with your recovery phrase so you can get your wallet back when you lose it.